Qualification : Preferably Chartered Engineer. Engineering Degree or Diploma from recognized University
Experience : Preferably 12 - 15 years plus relevant, depending on the individual, prior experience or additional training, previous job assignments, etc. Preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant project lead engineer experience.
Reports to : Engineering Manager
Supervises : Civil/Structural Department
Functional Duties : Responsible for the management of the Civil (including Road and Underground utilities & Structural Engineering group functions for assigned project(s) across company Client Base. Provides supervisory and technical excellence and quality input to all Civil and Structural Engineering personnel. Has single point accountability for the production of defined Civil / Structural engineering deliverables, to the required project schedule and quality
Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for coaching, teaching, mentoring and effective supervision of assigned personnel.
- Develops Civil/Structural Engineering specific plans for project execution.
- Determines Project Civil/Structural Engineering organization for the Company and for various projects awarded to the Company..
- Responsible for annual and intermittent staff appraisals within the discipline.
- Initiates Civil/Structural Engineering section of the scope of work and services.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Civil/Structural Engineering administrative and technical practices, specifications, and procedures.
- Review and assists in compiling of Civil/Structural Engineering CTR’s. Review estimate with Engineering and Project Control Management for approval and submission to Project Management for further action.
- Develops and maintains the Civil/Structural Engineering Work Plan. Establish Project need dates for assignment of all personnel.
- Initiates and approves the development of Civil/Structural Engineering specific standards and specifications. Has single point accountability for the upkeep of storage and listing of all Civil / Structural Engineering specific standards stored on the computer network.
- Initiates discipline document distribution list for the project.
- Attends kick-off, Project staff, Client, Construction, Supplier/Vendor reviews or other meetings as and when required.
- Maintains good working relationship with Client and liaise with other discipline Engineering Leads to assure accurate, timely communications and flow of information is taking place.
- Responsible for the Civil/Structural Engineering section of the Project Procedure Manual & Project Execution Plan.
- Discuss deviations in job scope, estimates changes, and reviews PVN’s or Variation Orders for approval and submission to Project Management.
- Monitors and reports on project specific Civil/Structural Engineering schedule, change orders and progress to Project Management.
- Responsible for all quality control with-in the discipline.
- Monitors the issuing of Civil/Structural Engineering specific documents and drawings.
- Coordinates field construction queries for resolutions where applicable.
- Initiates and assures completion of the Civil/Structural Engineering Section of the project completion report.
- Implement Lessons Learnt and improve quality procedures where necessary.
- Review of CV’s and interviewing for personnel recruitment.